A Salty Surf Day and Gypsy escape with Billabong

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Last week I had the chance to spend one whole day with the Billabong Womens Europe crew and other amazing local fellow bloggers. When they asked me join their Salty Surf Day I was so stoked!

The idea behind the day was to show us the preview of their FW16 collection as well as spending some time together enjoying a beach day and getting to know each other better.

When we arrived at the Billabong School in Seignosse (next to Hossegor), everything was impeccable. Every little detail of the decoration and the food had been taken care of thoughtfully and with taste. I adored everything!


Our day started off with a late breakfast on the beach. Something to give us some fuel to jump in the ocean with our next season's Billabong wetsuits. While the other girls were taking a surf class, some other fellow bloggers and I joined the lineup and had some fun, doing what we do best.


After a super nourishing lunch and some time on the beach, we took the road to the forest for an #EscapeTo experience. We arrived at a beautiful cabin surrounded by stunning sky-high trees and got welcomed by a boho picnic set up. Everything a girl could ask for... every kind of flowers, candles, wood pieces, fruits... The Moroccan carpets and cushions, lace and ribbons in the trees... They made me feel like I was in Wonderland. A magical feeling was all around us.

After the Billabong FW16 presentation (I loved most of the pieces!), we got a little handy with the workshops that had been planned for us.
We learnt making flower crowns and customized some Panama hats with Lady Brindille. God, I thought it was easier! I was the slowest of my group but I made it too and ended up loving my creation :) Then we did some macramé hanging planters with the guide of Julie Eye See. I already hung it in my living room!


After the workshops, we indulged a little more in that bohemian atmosphere, taking pictures, sipping our infused water drinks and simply enjoying each other's company. Until it was almost dark in the forest and was time to get back to reality.


What a day!
Thank you all the Billabong Womens Europe crew for this amazing experience.
See you in the water!



Pictures by An Lallemand for Billabong Womens Europe and Surfragette
4 comments on "A Salty Surf Day and Gypsy escape with Billabong"
  1. Lovely pictures and looked like a very nice and fun day. Would have loved to meet some of my favorite surfeuses some day! ��

    http://haveaswiminacalmsea.wordpress.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diah! I'm happy you like the pictures :)
      Yes, it was a very nice and fun day indeed. Let me know if you ever come around!

      x, Marta

      Delete
  2. very nice surfing trips and great pics. Wish I could join with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast on the seacoast, innocent nature, nothing can be better. If you want to see more photos, just follow the link.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)