Homemade lavender spray

Friday, May 8, 2015
So, I have to admit I've always had a great sense of smell. I wouldn't say it is the greatest talent I have, but I'm quite proud of it.
I know it could sound weird, don't judge me! :)

This kind of perfume-mania of mine leads me to always look for a better way to make my home smell wonderful. I tried candles of every kind and scent. I also tried electric fragrance diffusers and incenses. While I'm pretty satisfied with natural wax candles, the second and third options ended up smelling too strong for my taste.

I firmly believe that smells can influence our emotions. Lots of psychology books explain how our smell sense works and how it relates with our brain.
That's why scents are so important in the habitat we're surrounded by - they can evoke memories, feelings and awake our inner emotions.

So, when my mum gave me a small bottle of natural lavender essence after a travel to Provence, I couldn't miss the chance of finding a new and natural way to make my home smell good and feel great myself too!

Lavender oil is known for its beneficial properties such as fighting mosquito bites, cleansing cuts and bruises, calming itchy skin, sunburned lips and sickness. But most of all, lavender helps create an atmosphere of relaxation around you as soon as you smell its scent.
This is just how I want to feel when I'm at home!

So today I'm sharing with you the recipe for a homemade natural lavender spray for your home. It is very easy to make and will take no more than three minutes!


You need:

  • empty spray bottle
  • 5 to 10 drops of natural lavender oil
  • 100 ml water
  • 1/2 tbs baking soda
Pour water, baking soda, and lavender oil into your spray bottle. Shake and vaporize.


Ta-daaaa!!! Your new natural relax home scent is ready!
Never done a faster DIY before!
I spray it mostly in the bedroom before going to sleep and in the living room when I just want to relax.


Let me know if you enjoyed this DIY as well as lavender scent. I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts and feedback!




Credits // Author // Photography: Marta Tomasini


Post Comment
Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)