Surf buddies

Thursday, December 18, 2014
Since it's almost Christmas and we're all about good vibes and giving, I wanted to dedicate this post to the meaning of "sharing" and telling a little more about my personal experience - sharing a passion of a lifetime.

I've been lucky enough to find my better half in a surfer. If you don't like surfing and don't enjoy being in the water, being a surfer's girlfriend can be tough. And, really girls, I understand you!
...the sudden twists of daily planning because the wind turned the right way, that upset face after a missed lifetime session who could be the best of the year, saving money for a new board when what you really need is a new washing machine...

The thing is, I'm totally into it too! And I am so grateful of being able to understand all those kind of feelings crossing my boyfriend's mind. Having another person to live with and to feel for is always (and always will be) an emotional roller-coaster. But a common passion can tightly bound your relationship and make you stronger.
That's what I learnt from my experience: being there for each other, deeply understand each other's feelings and having fun together is the foundation of a great and strong love story.

And I thank everyday for that.

But hey, don't get me wrong. I am totally in for weekly me-times and I think there are some activities and places that MUST be totally forbidden to your better half - we don't need to share really everything.
But anyway, even if you're not into surfing or you don't share the same hobby with your partner, try to find a common passion and invest yourselves in it.
This could well be a good new year's resolution! ;)

It is not just about giving and receiving gift and treats (which I love by the way), but feeling that very same fire inside you - this is the meaning of sharing to me.

What do you think about? What does this expression mean to you?

Enjoy sharing your inner fire next holidays!
xo


Credits // Author: Marta Tomasini, Photography: Floraine Carlot

Post Comment
Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)