Quiksilver & Roxy Pro // Like in a movie set

Tuesday, September 30, 2014



For me September in the Basque Country means the été indienne, good waves and less people in the water. But for the most it means the time for Quiksilver and Roxy Pro!
So, convinced by the wrong tide for surfing at Côte Des Basque, I decided to spend my Sunday morning in Hossegor and watch the pros competing for the title.

It was my first time at a shortboard event and I have to admit it was pretty spectacular. I won't annoy you talking about how they ripped it - you just need to scroll the list of competitors such as Kelly Slater, Mick Fanning, Sally Fitzgibbons between others to understand the level of surfing.

The thing that was new and most overwhelming for me was the atmosphere. Photographers all over, little future surfer girls and boys running towards the pros for autographs, people from all over Europe coming for the event...
The beach was filled up with people and I felt I just ended up in the set of Blue Crush.
It was a pretty good feeling actually and I enjoyed it all!

As an Italian girl, I normally imagine all of this excitement during a football match, with kids with their favorite player's tee-shirt on and people singing their team's song.
But now that I'm in the European surf mecca, I realize that people do really follow surf competitions and I have to get used to this kind of things.
But I really think it won't be so difficult.


If you want to see all the other pics from the day, you can find them on Surfragette facebook page in the next few days!!!




Credits // Author // Photography: Marta Tomasini
All rights reserved

Post Comment
Post a Comment

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)