After-surf hot chocolate recipe (the Italian way)

Thursday, December 29, 2016

With winter season in full swing, I can't help getting lazy when I think about those harsh winter sessions with howling wind in freezing cold water. Apart from the stoke of this cold season surf (see 12 reasons to go surfing in winter and Some things you didn't know about winter surfers), one of my favorite moments is sharing a cup of hot chocolate after the session with a few friends, reminding of the waves we just had.

From the first time I landed to France, I've been hearing people talking about hot chocolate as a national pride. I never hid my disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it is delicious indeed, but as proud Italian I've always preferred the Italian version, thicker and way more chocolatey...

Today I'd like to share with you the recipe of the real Italian hot chocolate, to get the atmosphere cozy this winter season.



As I said before, Italian chocolate is thicker and creamier than usual chocolate milk. I love it because you make it with real melted chocolate and the taste is more gourmand. 
Ok, here we go!

What you need (serves 2 people): 
- 500 ml whole milk
- 120 gr dark chocolate 60-69%
- 20 gr cornstarch
- 20 gr sugar
- 20 gr dark cocoa powder

Pour milk in a small pan with powder sifted cornstarch and cocoa powder. Stir with a whisk to dissolve completely every possible lump. Add sugar. Chop the chocolate and melt it in the microwave or in a double boiler. When the milk comes to almost a boil, add the melted chocolate, mix well with a whisk and let it thicken.
Sugar to taste and add whipped cream if you like.
Enjoy!

Better consumed with friends after a day in the cold :)
1 comment on "After-surf hot chocolate recipe (the Italian way)"
  1. Wow its looking very creamy!! I really like this kind of ice-creams. I can simply envision how rich and smooth it must taste with the chocolate bar and it looks idealize with the marshmallows!

    regards,

    Thesis writing service

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)