Follow your dreams - Itw to COSTAbikinis designer

Thursday, February 20, 2014
You already know her brand and you already saw me wearing her amazing bikinis, but behind COSTAbikinis there's more than a talented designer making swimwear for active girls.
This is Patricia and today she will be answering a few questions about following her dreams and the fun yet hard job of a designer.


Surfragette: Hi Patricia! I am so excited to have you here! Introduce yourself to Surfragette's readers.
Patricia: Hi! Im Patricia Fuentes from the energetic and vibrant city of Madrid in Spain. Like my city, I'm very active, creative and social. My background is bussiness administration and turism and my two passions are traveling and surfing. When I arrived to Puerto Rico, in one of my several visits, this became a new lifestyle for me and I started to surf with my local friends. That made me think I wanted to be working close to the nature, not in an office anymore.


S: When and why did you decide to start your own brand?
P: Since I love being active in the water I couldn't find a biking which was good, functional and stunning at the same time. I never found the perfect swimwear in Europe and I didn't want to look for it in my next surftrip. So I asked to my cousin and we started working together to create the best swimsuit. Then, when I posted pictures on fb wearing it, all my surfer and non-surfers friends asked me for one! So, after many orders I needed something bigger: a fabric. That's how I decided go further and build a surf brand to make happy surfers around the world.



S: How difficult is being a creative person in Europe (and in our society in general) rather than having a “real job”?
P: For me it was easy, I believe almost everything is just up to you. Your decitions, your plans. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. When you are seeking to bring big plans to fruition it is important with whom you regularly associate. Hang out with friends who are like-minded and who are also designing purpose-filled lives. Similarly be that kind of a friend for your friends." ― Mark Twain. 


S: What is the most exciting feeling of creating something “touchable” from nothing?
P: When you feel your family and friends are supporting you from the beggining. And I remember that special moment when I got an investor purpose! 

S: Which obstacles did you have to overcome to achieve your goals?
P: Bureaucracy. Just to have all legal papers done, thats horrible! Oh, and sometimes I miss to work with a team around me. I'm super social and a good team player.

S: A piece of advice to all the people who find themselves scared of following their dreams.
P: There is just one life, your life. Don't be what others think you should be. Just dream it, plan it, and start now! Do not leave things for a better moment, this is the moment. 



Thanks Patricia to let us getting to know you a bit more and inspiring us with your dreamy life and amazing bikinis!



M.

1 comment on "Follow your dreams - Itw to COSTAbikinis designer"
  1. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
    Startup investment in India

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)