My sweet surf tale

Monday, December 23, 2013
I realized I never introduced myself here and never talked about my personal life. I just want you to know there's more behind Surfragette and I think I owe you one.
I started Surfragette to built a community of retro-loving surfers. It wanted to be kind of a surf mag, a collection of what I was loving the most. I now realize this is becoming more and more personal everyday, and there's no reason why I should hide behind a pc screen.


I started surfing about three years ago and I fell in love with it. I grew up with the smell of the snow and I never wanted to be a mermaid when I was a child. But sometimes something strange happens in your life. I mean, the ocean and I are still getting to know each other, but something is changing.


Being a surfer girl is not always easy, especially if you're from a Country in which you can't see a lot of girls surfing. Being petite didn't help and fighting for respect in the water led me overcome my limits and improve a lot!


Like the most known of the fairytales, I found love in a surfer guy who taught me I must accept my limits and surf for nobody else except for myself.
I now know my body, my feeling when I'm out there, I learnt to face my fears. The respect I was looking for from others, I now find it in myself.


Life is bizarre. Surf made me travel a lot and the waves of my heart brought my love and I to live next to the ocean. Sometimes it's hard to be far from home, but I feel right now it's the place to be.


That's my story. I sweet neverending surf tale.
I wonder where this is going to lead me, but I'll keep on paddling out in Surfragette's words, trying to inspire some other waves dreamers.

I feel like a change. And I like it.



M.
2 comments on "My sweet surf tale"
  1. Looooove your story! you should include it as "about" somewhere in your brilliant blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful!! you inspire more people than you know little surfragette :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post? Leave your comment here :)